Monday, November 28, 2011

Blue, pt. 1


This Holiday weekend I had the extreme fortune and pleasure to attend an Indigo Dyeing Workshop led by artist Britt Browne (be sure to check out her gorgeous blog, Growing Indigo ), and hosted by the gracious and talented Beatrice Valenzuela at her cozy Echo Park home.

I was blown away by the talents of all of the workshop participants--which made it very difficult for me to edit my photos down! Therefore, I'll be posting images from the workshop over the next couple days.


Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop
Indigo Workshop

(Unrelated to the workshop, but in keeping with the theme of "Blue" ;
Tomory and I saw Melancholia this weekend, which I really enjoyed, and I finally purchased this book.)



12 comments:

k said...

so much gorgeous indigo. sounds like an incredible workshop. i have been doing a lot of natural dyeing but haven't had much luck with my indigo vat unfortunately. hope you got to take home some of that loveliness.

Helmi said...

Looks great, I love the coller Indigo when it is very dark.

Belinda said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun.

It's funny that everyone who is doing the workshop seems to be wearing blue tones.

Nice segway into your other weekend activities. It really was a blue weekend.

Amy said...

So happy you posted these images. I am signed up for an indigo dying workshop as well as a mushroom yarn dying class in January. Looking forward to learning more about the process.

Britt Browne said...

Your photos are gorgeous, Jennifer! Can't wait to see Blue pt. 2 : ))

emma l. cooper said...

amazing!!!! I wish I could have been a part of this!

Cheryl Cambras said...

Looks like an amazing time! Bluer than indigo was the night....

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

I love the art of Shibori and it looks like you had a good group of ladies. Coincidentally I was in an indigo dying work shop last week in Palm Springs, you can see my photos here: http://fashionintel.com/2011/11/25/diy-shibori/

BUILDING BLOCK said...

DREAMY!

Heather Taylor said...

So sad I missed this beautiful sounding day. You captured it perfectly!

Anonymous said...

you really captured the spirit of the day! i am madly in love with those dyed toe shoes!!

larks & japes said...

just gorgeous! the range of blues is staggering.